The candidate will be assigned to the Non-Life IS division, which is part of IT and responsible for all Non-Life product-related development (maintenance and new functionalities) for underwriting applications and/or claims management. The applications are developed based on a Cobol/DB2 back office, with various technologies used on the visual side (mainly web-enabled). For specific functionalities, packages as well as integration with external service providers can be used.
The Non-Life Business has started a transformation journey to overhaul and modernise its processes and systems. The objective is to improve operational efficiencies for the back office teams as well as to enhance the broker and customer experience. This has led to major IT changes in the Non-Life IS ecosystem.
The candidate will lead a team of roughly 10 architects (internal and external) and will be part of the Non-Life IS division management team.
- You will be responsible for defining and developing consistent IT solutions for all Non-Life Business activities, in line with stakeholder needs.
- With your team management skills, structured approach to work and flexible mindset, you will deliver IT solutions that reflect the global vision of the architecture and fulfil Business expectations.
- You will help identify the best solution (cost vs complexity vs strategic/tactical) by stimulating negotiation and close cooperation across IT and Business organisational boundaries.
- Through your interactions with the architectural community and innovative approach, you will help your customers open their applications to the future. You are a long-term thinker with a creative and innovative mindset when it comes to building solutions, even in the face of unknown variables.
- You will challenge the status quo as well as requests from the Business/IT for new solutions and methods.
- Project Delivery: You manage your team capacity, coach project leaders, manage your project portfolio, and manage your asset portfolio.
- Challenge: You coach your team to challenge requests and solutions by proposing alternatives that offer a better cost/scope/timing/future-proof mix.
- Tell the story: You keep your team and your division informed of short-term and long-term Business and IT challenges.
- Organise: You manage your budget and your people, ensuring that your team responds to requests with the necessary agility and competence.
- Drive quality: You raise the bar when it comes to delivering quality solutions by promoting a culture of sharing, openness and questioning, and by applying the right processes.
- Develop: You develop your team, taking into account individual skills, complementarity and individual aspirations.
- Anticipate: You anticipate long-term needs by building a vision based on proximity to the Business and participating in the community of IT architects that are preparing the next generation of systems and processes.
- Stimulate: You stimulate cooperation between all IT and Business teams involved.
- Maintain consistency: You maintain the consistency of the proposed solutions by referring to a defined long-term vision while managing expectations in the short and medium term.
- Cooperation: You lead a team of 10 people. You ensure the effectiveness of your team and the individual development of your resources. You are responsible for the results of your team. You help and motivate others to learn. You share learning experiences.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent through work experience)
- > 10 years of experience in IT development
- > 5 years of experience in Architecture
- Competence in budgeting and negotiations
- Competence in team management and project portfolio management
- Able to function at both a strategic and an operational level
- Proven track record in insurance or a related field (finance, banking, etc.)
- Able to challenge solutions and processes by proposing alternatives, combining approaches that vary in scope/budget/planning of projects to offer the best solution for Business customers
- Able to foster a continuous improvement-oriented mindset within the team
- Change-oriented, creative and innovative
- Interested in further developing your career, your colleagues and AG as a whole
- Proficient in French, Dutch and English
- Personal skills:
Structured and proactive
Dynamic, analytical, able to distill the essential from the details
Born leader, with the ability to drive projects to completion
Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Able to communicate on different levels of abstraction
Able to take a bird’s-eye view
Able to delve deep where required
Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
AG Insurance values your talent and knows how to reward it. We offer you an interesting job with a lot of freedom, a nice working atmosphere as well as attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will work in a stimulating environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will work independently within a dynamic team and with the necessary flexibility (and quite some holidays) so that you can find a good balance between work and private life.